Monday, April 15, 2013

The Ripple Effect

     I know I just made a post like two minutes ago, but I just had to share this. Two years ago, it was summer vacation and I had gotten in the habit of staying up until 2:00 AM and then waking up at 2:00 in the afternoon. I would spend my nights surfing the internet, trying to keep myself from getting bored. On one such night, I was on YouTube, when out of boredom I decided to type "holy fucking shit" into the YouTube search bar. I found a bunch of parodies of the Jurassic Park theme with lyrics added, and started surfing through them. Someone had made a cover of the parody with MMD software, using Hatsune Miku. That was my introduction to vocaloids, which are Japanese artificial singers with imagined names and personalities.
     Months ago, I started to get really interested in vocaloids, so I started listening to vocaloid songs. One of those songs was called Uninstall. A few weeks ago, I got the idea to make a parody called Unsubscribe, but I wanted to make sure no one else had the same idea. I looked it up, and a guy called Onision had made a music video called "Unsubscribe Song." Ironically, I ended up subscribing to his channel and am now a fan. I'm also still a fan of vocaloids.
     Essentially, I'm now part of two fan bases because I stayed up late and got really bored while surfing the internet two years ago.

MIND = BLOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment